Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bully for You

The American Bully fad is alive and well in CA. American Bullies are a new mixed breed invention that sprang from mixing English Bulldogs and sometimes Neos - and lord knows what else (!) - with pit bulls to get a low-rider style brand of dog.

People either love'em or they hate the fact that they're sooo not a pit bull anymore.


We went to check out the scene at the Come Wit It Fun Show in Dixon this weekend. Hundreds of AmBully owners were there, comparing dogs' head sizes and browsing the wares of the kennels and dog suppliers, including mega-spike collars and some of the roundest puppies known to Planet Earth. The short squishy babies are obscenely cute and grow into Jabba the Hut look-alikes ... like this guy here --->

Want one? As expected, the overflow is already landing in shelters. Check Here

Some SHOW PIX

Vaya con Dios, Paco

Badrappers are grieving the untimely death of a special homeboy this weekend. Ana Poe's best friend Paco died in a freak accident, and there's some big tears and a whole lotta hurt going around tonite. 

Paco inspired Ana in so many ways and is most famous for his role as the ever-patient mascot for Paco Collars. 

Godspeed, little guy. You will be sorely missed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is an AmBully at OAS right now. I took her out to play and couldn't stop calling her the little chunky monkey even though she is solid and not fat.
RIP Paco I hope to get one of your inspired collars for my girls soon.

Little Boy Blue said...

Hey, I can see where my big head came from in those American Bull Dog photos! (Everyone calls me a pitbull mix, pitbull mixed with other pitbulls with a big head thrown in from somewhere random.)

Paco, vio con Dios!

Anonymous said...

Ana:
Paco will always be with you; he is a part of your heart, your soul. He is the angel that will always watch over you, guide you, and give you comfort in your darkest hours.

You have my deepest sympathy and empathy....

Anonymous said...

Ana:
Paco will always be with you; he is a part of your heart, your soul. He is the angel that will always watch over you, guide you, and give you comfort in your darkest hours.

You have my deepest sympathy and empathy....

Anonymous said...

The Jabba bullies are all the rage in New York, too. I often call them 'toads' because the hind legs have a tendency to be shorter than the front, making the dogs look...um, hoppy!

~ Heather P.

Unknown said...

The link to the blog about Paco is one of the saddest and heart wrenching posts I've ever read. The fact that he died so horribly and alone has been on my mind all day. He was Ana's beloved baby and somehow that makes it worse than anything I've seen at OAS.

Rest in peace Paco.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ana,
I am so sorry about Paco. I am so sad for you what a horrible thing to come home to. My heart goes out to you and I do not even know you.

Kirsten said...

I think we even have some version(s) of those huge bullies in Australia. One big boofy boy came into the shelter a couple of days ago.

And that is so unbelievably sad about Ana's Paco. I'm lost for words, and can only imagine how hard this time must be for his loved ones. xo

Boris said...

Sweet Ana,

I never did like getting up after sleeping at night. Morning blues some folks call it. Got to tell you, I wish I was sleeping and this was all a bad dream. Going to take me a while to accept this, so to remember Paco, I'll be in mourning.

My OEL says that the policemen tape over their badge numbers to let everyone know they have lost a comrad. I want to do something like that so people can see, things are different, I lost a STAR comrad. So, my Paco Collar stars will remain taped over this week to honor my beautiful precious, BadRap rescue comrad - Paco. I just wish I could put my big head in your lap to give some comfort.

Lost Mourning Star, Boris
http://geocities.com/orso@swbell.net/index.html

Anonymous said...

Ana,
I am so very, very sorry. I am not his mom, yet it is gut-wrenching to think about Paco's end -- so, I can only begin to imagine your pain. Please try to take solace in the love you gave him (I have no doubt it was big and full), and the love he gave you in return. Paco will be a part of who you are, always. My deepest condolences.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the idea of people trying to "create" a breed. To me it's a little like an someone who works in an office doing brain surgery. You can breed in desirable traits but also not-so-desirable. Don't tinker with stuff people! And DON'T chop off the ears of those poor dogs!